Thursday, February 2, 2012

Super Bowl DOG Commercials 2012

This year there are more commercials featuring dogs. I wonder why? Well as major dog lover and as a marketing professional myself, I wanted to collect and post each of the commercials. In reviewing them I'm having mixed feelings.

The first one is a teaser by Volkswagen. All the dogs posing are adorable but the barking is annoying after a few seconds. And I'm a dog lover. It should have been much shorter. The final dog strutting across the room is cute, looked like camel with metal humpback. This  is the teaser to full commercial below.

Tell us which ones you like best by commenting below.




Love the idea of overweight dog exercising to lose weight. A someone who knows all to well the health complications and high vet bills that come with rising pet obesity, I connected with the commercial on a personal level. But a few weeks from now, I'll forget that is was for a car company. I give it 2 out of 5 stars. But then that special add- on is unexpected and "the force" appears. Love that. OK bump up the score to 3.5 out of 5 stars.




PLEASE don't ever give a dog Doritos. I thought the 70's hair and fashion was comical or was that suppose to represent nerds today? Not sure. Does this mean Doritos makes nerds or dog owners go crazy like catnip for cats?
I give it 2 out of 5 stars.




All in all, none of these top the commercials with the Clydesdale horses. Hard to beat.

0 comments: