Monday, August 16, 2010

2010 Youth Olympics Opening Ceremony, Singapore

Well as much as I take pride in keeping up with news and events around the world, somehow, this soccer mom almost missed this historical event had it not been for my children.

Below is a brief  YouTube video highlight of the magnificent opening ceremony with vibrant colors, staging, featuring both native and American pop music as the background for the presentations. They even played 1950's classics and more.

Who knew about this event for the youth? How did it miss my radar? My children are enthralled and so now I'm wondering how to augment the family income to support their Olympic dreams! This is a great motivator for children to learn the value of discipline, whether it's sports or academic. So share this with your family one night over dinner!

Click here to view the video!
Click here for part 2.

Emjoy!

0 comments: