Sunday, April 12, 2009

Admire this Easter Egg TREE!



Happy Easter!
Easter-- A day of joy, of renewal or new life. For children in the U.S. it means Easter Egg hunts with surprises inside, colorful candy or something green--MONEY! We're such a commercialized nation. It's like a mini Christmas.
Speaking of Christmas, while we are familiar with the traditional "Christmas tree", I stumbled upon this picture of an Easter Egg tree! How colorful! I wonder if they are plastic or real eggs?

Above, Volker Kraft decorates a tree with some 9,200 Easter eggs at the garden of Christa and Volker Kraft, in Saalfeld, eastern Germany, Sunday, March 29, 2009. The Kraft family have decorated their tree with Easter eggs for more than 40-years during the Easter time. [Photo by AP Photo/Jens Meyer]

Despite the cold weather, Easter is my chance to reflect and make a change for the better. Some type of improvement. New Year's is simply too busy with the holiday madness. So my resolutions kick off in Springtime at Easter.
<
As you know my husband John is in Iraq, so when he returns to the U.S. I always plan something special for his stay. This time I want to spice up his visit and beautify myself. I think it's important to take care of ourselves as woman to keep that spark alive in the marriage. But I'm not a believer in cosmetic surgery for me personally. While I do exercise regularly, I wonder what else I can do other than the obvious sexy lingerie. Perhaps a private bellydance performance? That requires lessons. Not sure if my kids want to be dragged along, well my daughter yes but not the boys. Any ideas ladies?

My blog sister, Christine, came across a beauty treasure tome. A book written by a 1970's European socialite with her recommendations and collection of "beauty secrets" from her friends. One recommendation is "private bedrooms". Now what does that mean? Some beauty tactics are hysterical, others are plain haughty. Read all about it by clicking here.

Happy Easter!

0 comments: